Are you happy with your financial situation? Your debt? Mortgage? Do you want a better financial life? More financial peace? There is good news; God wants to help you!
This message is to invite you to actively believe that God is interested in you and he has a plan for your financial well-being.
Your biggest asset is not your house, not your business or your money – it is….Read Full Article
Muslim militants are committing unspeakable and barbaric atrocities. If America and its allies ever needed “boots on the ground”, that time may be now. This evil must be stopped for a host of reasons, including….Read Full Article
Mombasa in Kenya is a vibrant city with rich cultural heritage; a colorful mixture of different ethnic customs and beliefs. Sadly since 2011 Kenya has suffered one terrorist attack every 11 days, with 370 killed. Almost all of the violence has been in the coastal region where Mombasa is situated. Because of security concerns, the police asked us…Read Full Article
What does it mean to be a ‘grace-person’ or a ‘grace-church’? These are the final three characteristics:
13. Paul is important. He received the message of grace from Jesus Christ, so there is never a contradiction between Paul and Jesus. Christ is the source of Paul’s revelation of the mystery, previously hidden, namely “Christ in us”. Paul taught this revelation to the other apostles, and they added nothing to what he had received, Gal. 2:6. More than looking to past revivals and movements, a grace-based Christian looks to the revelation of the New Covenant given by Jesus, Paul and the other apostles…Read Full Article
I hope you have enjoyed my article about Grace Characteristics. Here are the next three one… You will get the final three next week!
10. Resting in Christ. To rest in faith means that we have ceased from our own works, Heb. 4:10, and rest in what God‚s grace has provided. Our focus is on allowing Christ to express Himself through us…
Read Full Article
There is an array of misinformation about the meaning of God’s grace. Today my article continues… These are next three characteristics:
7. The Law of Moses was for a purpose, namely to show our inability to become holy by our own effort. By the law every mouth of self-righteousness is stopped, and it becomes clear that God’s grace is our only hope.Read Full Article
What does it mean to be a ‘grace-person’ or a ‘grace-church’? Find out next three characteristics:
4. A recognition of the true power of sin. Some suggest that grace makes ‘light’ of sin, but the opposite is true. Sin is so powerful that no effort, discipline or struggle can defeat it. Our only hope is in believing that Jesus took all sins – past, present and future – “once for all”. Victory over sin happens by yielding to the indwelling Christ. The good news is that our sins cannot stop…Read Full Article
There is an array of misinformation about the meaning of God’s grace. What does it mean to be a ‘grace-person’ or a ‘grace-church’? Here are some of the characteristics:
1. The finished work of Jesus Christ is in focus. What we need for ‘life’ and ‘godliness’ has been provided by the death and resurrection of Christ. Just like Adam and Eve had everything they needed in the Garden of Eden, so Jesus has provided all for us. Our response is to ‘open’ our eyes…Read Full Article
Jesus from A to Z
Grace is indiscriminate. All God has is available equally to all by faith. Jesus’ disciples thought they could get an edge over others and asked, “What must we do that we may work the works of God?” Jesus responded, “Believe in the one God sent”. The Philippian jailor received the same answer when he asked, “What must I do to be saved?”
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ”. This is offensive to some because it seems too simple. Have you ever thought that someone, who is less holy, seems to receive more of God’s blessings than you? Remember, people don’t receive because they are worthy, but because they believe. So, believe that Jesus has provided everything you need for “life” and for “godliness”. It’s yours!
The Law of Moses made it clear that if you are guilty in one area, you are guilty in all. No cherry picking of your favourite commandments. Jesus reiterated this by reminding those who tried to achieve righteousness by law that they have to keep every…Read Full Article
To give a list of things that people must do to please God makes us feel like we can make it happen for ourselves. Grace is truly radical, because it gives no credit to self. All we have is because of another. This is a death blow to religious elitist thinking. Religion always wants to take some credit for itself, while the Gospel gives all credit to Christ, “that no flesh should glory”.
We normally gain understanding of a topic by common sense or academic studies, but the Gospel of grace requires that the Holy Spirit reveals Jesus Christ. Paul wrote, “I neither received it by man nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ (Gal. 1:12).
Once received, Paul’s focus was to keep people in this revelation. He had a godly jealousy towards any distraction, ”For I have betrothed you to one husband that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ, but I fear somehow that as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds might be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ (2 Cor. 11:2-3). The real danger is clear. It is to be drawn away from the simplicity in Christ. To be ‘married’ to traditions, spiritual disciplines or experiences, however wonderful, if these cause us to de-emphasize Jesus’ finished work, Paul calls it…
Read Full Article